Sunday, February 27, 2011

A New Adventure

Sometimes I don't think people realize how different life is raising preemies. People think I'm totally crazy cakes. But, my babies are healthy and growing so I must be doing something right. Dr M gave us the go ahead to lift some of the girls restrictions. He told me and I quote "You need to stop being a hermit". I laughed and his words rang through my head the entire drive home. So a week and a half after that discussion I decided it was time for a outing. A cautious, uneventful, germ-free outing. To say I was nervous is a understatement. So on this beautiful 75 degree sunny Sunday we loaded up for a late afternoon lunch at Logans. My requirements were 1.) We had to sit outside away from other people. Period. This was not up for discussion. 2.) No gremlins (ages 2-5) were too be within a 50 ft radious of us at anytime. 3.) If someone even had the idea of approaching me and the girls they were taking their safety into their own hands.

So armed with Lysol wipes and a bad attitude we casually enjoyed a late lunch with the family. I can't say I didnt have fun. No one else was outside. No one looked our way much less got close to us. They had 0 exposure to anyone else so I can officially say WE DID IT!

Now don't go getting all excited friends.  I don't plan on this being a routine. I still plan on being on lockdown until April. It was just too pretty and warm to stay inside. Dr M outlined what we should and should not do and of course I have amended the "rules". Hermit=healthy and I am okay with that :)

1 comment:

  1. Good for you! I am so glad that everything went well. You all needed that. April should be a good time to really start venturing out because most people will be healthy plus the weather will be divine.
    Your girls look sooooo good. I know you are so proud. All your hard work is paying off.

    ReplyDelete