Tuesday, February 1, 2011

As If you don't already know...

On August 17, 2010 our lives were forever changed by the very early arrival of our twin daughters. Abigail and Adalynn weighed 1lbs3oz (545 grams) and 1lbs4oz (555 grams). We were in the NICU at UAB for 108 days. We came home on December 2, 2010.

That is obviously a condensed version. Most people who will be reading this blog know our story but I will be more than happy to go into further detail. Just shoot me a email.

I'm not sure why I thought my pregnancy/birth would be normal. Nothing in my life has ever been "normal". I had "made-for-tv" dreams of how my pregnancy would play out. That I would naturally deliver healthy, big, twin girls. We would come home 48-72 hours later without monitors, medicines, or weekly doctor visits. But that was not in His plan for us. He saw bigger things. I still struggle with what could have been. What if I could take my girls to Target or the park? Go to a Mommy's Morning Out perhaps? But listen closely because this is what MATTERS- None of that matters. Why you may wonder?

They are alive. They are with me-everyday. They are starting to smile, giggle, babble, and get bigger right before my eyes. They love when their Daddy comes home and love morning cuddles with me. All the rest, well, that will come in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment